London Olympic Park to host 2013 rock concerts
Hands up who was wondering what they were going to do with that London Olympic Park now that the Olympics is actually over. As I type this with one hand, I’ve just learned that the London’s Olympic Park will partly reopen to the public this year for a series of summer rock concerts.
The London Legacy Development Corporation says “the east London park will host the Hard Rock Calling and Wireless festivals in July under a deal with events promoter Live Nation Entertainment.”
Live Nation, part of Ticket Master, will also will hold other concerts in the park’s Olympic Stadium over the summer after gaining exclusive rights to the venue.
The 560-acre (227-hectare) site of the 2012 Summer Games is due to reopen to the public in stages between July and early 2014. I’m told that this is just under the size of a square mile meaning The Olympic Park is almost the size of The City of London.
Live Nation is leaving it’s previous venue in London’s Hyde Park after friction over noise and timing restrictions. Apparently, last summer fans were upset when officials pulled the plug on a Bruce Springsteen-Paul McCartney duet in mid-song.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- 1000 Londoners: A Groundbreaking New Documentary Series
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Brit's Asian Stars Show Up To Support Bollywood on Netflix
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Review
- From Dusk till Dawn is becoming a Netflix Original!
- Jena Malone Offered Role of Johanna Mason in 'Catching Fire'
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone