London Olympic Park to host 2013 rock concerts
Hands up who was wondering what they were going to do with that London Olympic Park now that the Olympics is actually over. As I type this with one hand, I’ve just learned that the London’s Olympic Park will partly reopen to the public this year for a series of summer rock concerts.
Live Nation, part of Ticket Master, will also will hold other concerts in the park’s Olympic Stadium over the summer after gaining exclusive rights to the venue.
The 560-acre (227-hectare) site of the 2012 Summer Games is due to reopen to the public in stages between July and early 2014. I’m told that this is just under the size of a square mile meaning The Olympic Park is almost the size of The City of London.
Live Nation is leaving it’s previous venue in London’s Hyde Park after friction over noise and timing restrictions. Apparently, last summer fans were upset when officials pulled the plug on a Bruce Springsteen-Paul McCartney duet in mid-song.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- WIN Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn on DVD
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- Kneel before the latest MAN OF STEEL trailer!
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Main Page
- Muse Plan Free London Gig to Coincide with World War Z Premiere
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Muse Plan Free London Gig to Coincide with World War Z Premiere | Cult Hub on World War Z on Audible – Audiobook Review
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control