London Olympic Park to host 2013 rock concerts
Hands up who was wondering what they were going to do with that London Olympic Park now that the Olympics is actually over. As I type this with one hand, I’ve just learned that the London’s Olympic Park will partly reopen to the public this year for a series of summer rock concerts.
The London Legacy Development Corporation says “the east London park will host the Hard Rock Calling and Wireless festivals in July under a deal with events promoter Live Nation Entertainment.”
Live Nation, part of Ticket Master, will also will hold other concerts in the park’s Olympic Stadium over the summer after gaining exclusive rights to the venue.
The 560-acre (227-hectare) site of the 2012 Summer Games is due to reopen to the public in stages between July and early 2014. I’m told that this is just under the size of a square mile meaning The Olympic Park is almost the size of The City of London.
Live Nation is leaving it’s previous venue in London’s Hyde Park after friction over noise and timing restrictions. Apparently, last summer fans were upset when officials pulled the plug on a Bruce Springsteen-Paul McCartney duet in mid-song.
An Awesome Advert
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Sponsored Post: #tonightis the ASOS All Night Online House Party
- Main Page
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- Feather and Paper-Light Lights - Heals SS14 Collection
- Write for Us
- Dog Shaming is the New New Thing
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag | Cult Hub on Gravity – London Film Festival 2013 Review
- Bombay Sapphire Imagination Series Film Experience – Winners Announced | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on ... on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- Cult_Hub on WIN Beauty Classic; Nelsons Calendula Cream Review & Giveaway