Andrew Majtenyi’s Sci-Fi-esque Labyrinth AW13 Collection
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On February 26, 2013
Normally look books are a boring and formal affar shot against a plain white background but Andrew Majtenyi’s collection is a little different so when I was sent the lookbook for his Autumn Winter collection, I decided it was one to definately share with you. These are crazy mad but I quite like them. An art installation by Motoi Yamamoto called Labyrinths is Andrew Majtenyi’s key inspiration for his Autumn/Winter 2013 collection. The art installation was a massive labyrinth of salt…so you know.
The salt labyrinth inspired designs were developed further by combining 3D geometric shapes seen in the prints. Darker tones are seen for AW13 including burnt gold, brass and oxidised metals. Customised woven and printed fabrics are contrasted with texture and shine, with medieval undertones as seen with burnt rose and chain mail detailing.
Andrew Majtenyi is known for his application of design elements to new fields, including skydiving, rehabilitation and the disabled. He is multischooled and has apprenticed under master tailors specialising in theatre costume and ballet. His 18th and 19th century theatrical influences (from cut to panelling) are constant in Andrew’s work, updated with
new modern inspired techniques and themes every season.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- World War Z on Audible - Audiobook Review
- 4pm Sweet Food Cravings Explained - Nutritionists Help us Through the Afternoon Dip
- Westfield Invites Shoppers to Time Travel into THE GREAT GATSBY 3D World
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Brit's Asian Stars Show Up To Support Bollywood on Netflix
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer