London Fashion Week Day 1 – Zoe Jordan, Bora Aksu, Fyodor Golan
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On February 15, 2013
Day 1 of London Fashion Week AW13-14 and instead of you having to hunt through loads of fluff on the internet, we’ve rounded up the shows for your eyes.
Simple clean lines in monochrome shades a with splashes of red and orange dominated Zoe Jordan’s AW13 collection. Prints were present in the form of Grecian statues and geometric patterns. The geometric shapes carries through to the silhouettes where the lines were bold and sculptural. Tweed was juxtaposed with metallic fabrics in the collection in the form of tailoring, evening and outerwear. A very strong and grown up collection to kick London Fashion Week off with.
Always one of my favourite designers at LFW, Bora Aksu sent his models down the runway dressed in blousonny and leg of mutton sleeves, corsetry, bold tailoring and feminine silhouettes mixed with masculine design details. Layers were ever present, in the form of gauzy fabrics and cage like textiles. Textures were important in the collection and the pallet stayed mostly monochrome with splashes of royal purple. Tailoring was softened with fur edging and girly dresses made edgy with ties made out of leather and lace.
The monochrome trend rears it’s head again, this time with stark contrasting black lace on white structures. The collection was full to the brim with strong tailoring mostly in black or white. The occasional flash of gold and rich red and orange brought colour into the Fyodor Golan collection. Matt fabrics contrasted with satins and glittering evening wear and the surprising appearance of lilac blue flower prints. The collection was heavy on evening and outerwear, so make Fyodor Golan one of your stops for special occasion outfits.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Main Page
- WIN Supernatural: The Anime Series DVD Boxset
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- Raindance Film Festival - Heavy Girls (2012) Review
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer