Thomas Edison filmed Boxing Cats back in 1894
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On March 1, 2013
Turns out, when you give a human a video camera, there’s a compulsion to dress up animals and make them do daft things. Thomas Edison was credited with the invention of the electric lighbulb, the phonograph, and the movie camera. Here’s one more invention he can claim. LOL cats.
This cute short film featuring cats in boxing gloves was shot at the world’s first movie studio, The Black Maria, in West Orange, NJ. Interestingly, the entire building was built on a turntable so that the building could rotate with the sun for the best lighting conditions.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Death should be a once in a lifetime experience…
Top Posts & Pages
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- Main Page
- WIN a Limited Edition BLACK SAILS Hip Flask
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- Official trailer for Derren Brown Infamous released
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- IBFF 2012 Preview - The Buddha
- [Sponsored Video] Lionsgate Presents YOU'RE NEXT
- Shop the Screen: Are PEAKY BLINDERS Style Flat Caps Back?