Thomas Edison filmed Boxing Cats back in 1894
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On March 1, 2013
Turns out, when you give a human a video camera, there’s a compulsion to dress up animals and make them do daft things. Thomas Edison was credited with the invention of the electric lighbulb, the phonograph, and the movie camera. Here’s one more invention he can claim. LOL cats.
This cute short film featuring cats in boxing gloves was shot at the world’s first movie studio, The Black Maria, in West Orange, NJ. Interestingly, the entire building was built on a turntable so that the building could rotate with the sun for the best lighting conditions.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking Bad Season 5 Part 1 Comes to Netflix on 1st November
- WIN The New Twilight Zone: The Complete Collection DVD Boxset
- WIN a copy of British horror The Facility on DVD
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- WIN Supernatural: The Anime Series DVD Boxset
- Main Page
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- Raindance Film Festival - Heavy Girls (2012) Review
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced
- DERREN BROWN INFAMOUS Tour Dates Announced | Cult Hub on Derren Brown’s Svengali 2012 Tour
- RED BAND FEATURETTE FOR TED STARRING MARK WAHLBERG | Cult Hub on Ted Trailer – Starring Mark Wahlberg and a Teddy Bear
- Film4 FrightFest The 13th – Full line up announced | Cult Hub on ELIJAH WOOD LOSES THE PLOT IN FULL-LENGTH NSFW ‘MANIAC’ TRAILER
- Misfits Director Tom Green to Direct Monsters Sequel | Cult Hub on Gareth Edwards on Directing, Monster Mating and Losing Control
- Total Recall implants a new trailer | Cult Hub on Total Recall – Trailer