Thomas Edison filmed Boxing Cats back in 1894
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On March 1, 2013
Turns out, when you give a human a video camera, there’s a compulsion to dress up animals and make them do daft things. Thomas Edison was credited with the invention of the electric lighbulb, the phonograph, and the movie camera. Here’s one more invention he can claim. LOL cats.
This cute short film featuring cats in boxing gloves was shot at the world’s first movie studio, The Black Maria, in West Orange, NJ. Interestingly, the entire building was built on a turntable so that the building could rotate with the sun for the best lighting conditions.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 1 of 3 LEFT BEHIND DVD's Starring Nicholas Cage
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- Movie Action Figures Repainted by Artist are Frighteningly Realistic
- ALL HAIL KING JULIEN the Madagascar Spin-off is Netflix's Dreamworks Christmas Star
- DMC is BEYOND MAGIC on National Geographic Channel
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- 8 Useful Gift Ideas for UK Actors This Christmas
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands