Thomas Edison filmed Boxing Cats back in 1894
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On March 1, 2013
Turns out, when you give a human a video camera, there’s a compulsion to dress up animals and make them do daft things. Thomas Edison was credited with the invention of the electric lighbulb, the phonograph, and the movie camera. Here’s one more invention he can claim. LOL cats.
This cute short film featuring cats in boxing gloves was shot at the world’s first movie studio, The Black Maria, in West Orange, NJ. Interestingly, the entire building was built on a turntable so that the building could rotate with the sun for the best lighting conditions.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Main Page
- 1000 Londoners: A Groundbreaking New Documentary Series
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- The Raid Photoshoot
- James Haskell's Fitness Trend Predictions for 2014 Focus on Playtime
- Return of the Secret Lemonade Drinker - Now Licker
- 'The Amazing Spiderman' New Revealing Production Photos
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone