Thomas Edison filmed Boxing Cats back in 1894
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On March 1, 2013
Turns out, when you give a human a video camera, there’s a compulsion to dress up animals and make them do daft things. Thomas Edison was credited with the invention of the electric lighbulb, the phonograph, and the movie camera. Here’s one more invention he can claim. LOL cats.
This cute short film featuring cats in boxing gloves was shot at the world’s first movie studio, The Black Maria, in West Orange, NJ. Interestingly, the entire building was built on a turntable so that the building could rotate with the sun for the best lighting conditions.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- Harold Ramis Obituary
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Watch Jonas Cuaron’s Gravity Companion Short Film Aningaag
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA