Brain Games – New Series on National Geographic
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On May 31, 2013
National Geographic’s one off US specials of Brain Games in 2011 averaged 1.5million viewers in the US alson. Obviously the demand for more was high and the channel have expanded the format into a twelve episode series. Brain Games features interactive games and experiments that will show us the inner workings of our brains. Presented by Jason Silva, the team of experts inclused neuroscientist Dr Chess Stetson (who does appear wearing a stetson), Yale’s Dr Daylian Cain and illusionist Apollo Robbins.
If the tv shows arn’t enough, you can also visit the website for more interactive brain challenges…http://braingames.nationalgeographic.com/
Here are the details for the first 6 shows airing in the UK:
Brain Games: It’s About Time on Monday 3rd June 8pm
It’s what wakes you up in the morning, let’s you know when your toast is ready, and gets you to work. This episode explores time and how that three-pound mass of tissue between your ears can measure something so abstract and invisible. You’ll discover why time flies when you’re having fun, and slows down when you’re in danger. Best of all, we’ll show you how to keep the years from slipping away as you get older. So pay attention.
Brain Games: You Decide on Monday 3rd June at 8:30pm
Think you’re in charge of your own destiny? Do you believe the decisions you make are rational? Do you consider yourself good at weighing the options? Think again. This episode of Brain Games puts your decision-making process to the ultimate test with a series of fast-paced interactive games, surprising experiments, and a team of experts to prove that the decisions you make every day are not as reliable as you think and how you can you put yourself back in the driver’s seat. So get ready to choose wisely – on Brain Games!
Brain Games: Don’t Be Afraid Monday 10th June 8pm
When it comes to fear, we are sometimes at the mercy of our brain. But would it surprise you to know that a healthy dose of fear is actually good for you? This episode of Brain Games reveals the science behind fear and surprise, and youll see how fear can give you a feeling of heightened ability, why you get that tingling sensation down your spine and why you shouldnt be afraid of being afraid.
Brain Games: Motion Commotion on Monday 10thJune 8:30pm
Evolving in a world that was constantly moving our brain had to develop a sophisticated sense of motion in order to survive. This episode of Brain Games stops to ask a deceptively simple question what really is motion? We explore the science behind how our brain detects, interprets and reacts to motion, and you’ll see how easily this hard wiring can be fooled, for better and for worse.
Brain Games: Power of Persuasion on Monday 17th June 8pm
Every day your brain is being manipulated by marketers, advertisers and political candidates…but did you ever wonder how they do it? This episode of Brain Games reveals the science behind the power of persuasion the tricks and techniques used every day to influence and control your decisions. You’ll be shocked to see just how simple it is to persuade you…even when you know it is coming.
Brain Games: Focus Pocus on Monday 17th June 8:30pm
Think your field of vision is really in focus, or that your brain is focusing on everything happening in front of you? Think you know exactly what is most important at any given moment? Think again. This episode of Brain Games puts your focus and attention to the ultimate test with a series of interactive games and fascinating experiments that reveal how you’re neural hard-wiring can affect what your brain chooses to focus on right now!
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Harold Ramis Obituary
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Sponsored Video: Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare relased for XBox One
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- The Dictator Spotted on a Luxury Yacht in Cannes
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Fitness First launches BEAT Concept Club and Training Style
- WIN Magi the Labyrinth of Magic on DVD!
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA