Christian Bale hangs up the cowl and cape
- Owun Birkett
- On July 5, 2013
Brace yourself Christian Bale/Batman fans; it has been confirmed from Christian Bale himself that he will no longer play Bruce Wayne/Batman.
Since Christopher Nolan’s involvement in Man of Steel (serving as co-writer and producer), there were rumours that Bale will return as the dark knight. Though this does not come as a surprise as Bale has said in the past that if Nolan isn’t involved, then he won’t be involved. “Chris Nolan always said he wanted to make it one film at a time. And we ended up sitting there looking at each other, saying ‘We’re about to make the third.’ We never really knew if we were going to get to be there, but if that was how it was going to be, this was where it should end as well.”
He also says that he’s looking forward to see who will take the role; “It’s a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with.”
Bale will be next seen in Terrence Malick’s Knight of Cups which is slated to be released this year but no official date has been confirmed.
Follow Owun on Twitter: @OwunBirkett
Sign up for our mailing list.
Death should be a once in a lifetime experience…
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN a Limited Edition BLACK SAILS Hip Flask
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- WIN SUSPECTS Series 1 on DVD
- Main Page
- Kate Cassidy Shows her Dark Side in THE SCRIBBLER Trailer
- Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL confirmed
- Les Mills’ GRIT Will Teach You the Meaning of Strength and Plyometrics
- Shop the Screen: Are PEAKY BLINDERS Style Flat Caps Back?
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands