Christian Bale hangs up the cowl and cape
- Owun Birkett
- On July 5, 2013
Brace yourself Christian Bale/Batman fans; it has been confirmed from Christian Bale himself that he will no longer play Bruce Wayne/Batman.
Since Christopher Nolan’s involvement in Man of Steel (serving as co-writer and producer), there were rumours that Bale will return as the dark knight. Though this does not come as a surprise as Bale has said in the past that if Nolan isn’t involved, then he won’t be involved. “Chris Nolan always said he wanted to make it one film at a time. And we ended up sitting there looking at each other, saying ‘We’re about to make the third.’ We never really knew if we were going to get to be there, but if that was how it was going to be, this was where it should end as well.”
He also says that he’s looking forward to see who will take the role; “It’s a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with.”
Bale will be next seen in Terrence Malick’s Knight of Cups which is slated to be released this year but no official date has been confirmed.
Follow Owun on Twitter: @OwunBirkett
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 1 of 3 LEFT BEHIND DVD's Starring Nicholas Cage
- Celebs Get Knitted up to Save The Children's Xmas Jumper Day
- Loom Band Couture - 5 Weird things you can buy made from Loom Bands
- ALL HAIL KING JULIEN the Madagascar Spin-off is Netflix's Dreamworks Christmas Star
- Main Page
- Movie Action Figures Repainted by Artist are Frighteningly Realistic
- Guardians of the galaxy Trailer
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters