Christian Bale hangs up the cowl and cape
- Owun Birkett
- On July 5, 2013
Brace yourself Christian Bale/Batman fans; it has been confirmed from Christian Bale himself that he will no longer play Bruce Wayne/Batman.
Since Christopher Nolan’s involvement in Man of Steel (serving as co-writer and producer), there were rumours that Bale will return as the dark knight. Though this does not come as a surprise as Bale has said in the past that if Nolan isn’t involved, then he won’t be involved. “Chris Nolan always said he wanted to make it one film at a time. And we ended up sitting there looking at each other, saying ‘We’re about to make the third.’ We never really knew if we were going to get to be there, but if that was how it was going to be, this was where it should end as well.”
He also says that he’s looking forward to see who will take the role; “It’s a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with.”
Bale will be next seen in Terrence Malick’s Knight of Cups which is slated to be released this year but no official date has been confirmed.
Follow Owun on Twitter: @OwunBirkett
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 3 Days To Kill on Blu-Ray
- WIN Grand Piano Starring Elijah Wood on DVD
- Main Page
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- Shop the Screen: Are PEAKY BLINDERS Style Flat Caps Back?
- WIN Easy Money III: Life Deluxe on Blu-ray
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- Review: Guardians of the Galaxy
- Sponsored: Green Works creates a Muddy Puppy Catwalk Flashmob