Natalie Dormer and Stef Dawson Join HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On August 27, 2013
Lionsgate have announced more signings for The Hunger Games Mockingjay films. Split into 2 films, the plot will follow the story of the third book in the popular young adult series by Suzanne Collins.
In MOCKINGJAY PARTS 1 & 2, we follow heroine Katniss Everdeen’s journey as she leads the districts of Panem in a rebellion against the tyrannical and corrupt Capitol. As the war that will determine the fate of Panem escalates, Katniss must decipher for herself who she can trust and what needs to be done, with everything she cares for in the balance.
Natalie Dormer has been cast as Cressida, a Director from The Capitol who joins the rebellion against the oppressive upper classes in Panem. Cressida is described in the books as having a shaved head with green vines tattooed on her scalp. Will Dormer shave her head for the role? Who knows. To see her with hair, watch and of season 3 of Game of Thrones where she plays Margery Tyrell. She can also be seen in The Counselor from Ridley Scott which is coming to cinemas this autumn.
Also joining the cast is Stef Dawson as Annie Cresta. Annie is Finnick’s (played by Sam Claflin) love interest who is a few marbles short. Dawson is an Australian actress known for her work on TV and independant films.
Being directed by Francis Lawrence and based on the novel by Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games: Mockinjay will also star Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson, Elizabeth Banks, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright, Stanley Tucci, Donald Sutherland and Julianne Moore. The first part arriving in cinemas on November 21 2014 and the final film a year later in 2015.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Review
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Main Page
- Game Of Throne's Maisie Williams Lands Monster Role in We Are Monsters
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- Sponsored Video: adidas NEO Wants you to Remix Bieber
- 'The Amazing Spiderman' New Revealing Production Photos
- London Fashion Week Day 2 - Daks, Sister by Sibling, Christopher Raeburn
- Netflix Debuts HOUSE OF CARDS for you to Watch FREE Throught February
- Bikini Body Ambition: Week 1, Inspiration Wear and Dancing at Sweaty Betty | Cult Hub on Bikini Body Ambition: Week Zero, Weak Body
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone