Trailer for Dallas Buyers Club – Matthew McConaughey Sheds Pounds for Role
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On August 29, 2013
Shirt hating Matthew McConaughey stars in Dallas Buyers Club which is scheduled to show at Toronto International Film Festival next month. Based on a true story and directed by Jean-Marc Vallée’s (Café de Flore, The Young Victoria), McConaughey is joined by Jennifer Garner and Jared Leto.
Matthew McConaughey stars in ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ as real-life Texas cowboy Ron Woodroof, whose free-wheeling life was overturned in 1985 when he was diagnosed as HIV-positive and given 30 days to live. These were the early days of the AIDS epidemic, and the U.S. was divided over how to combat the virus. Ron, now shunned and ostracized by many of his old friends, and bereft of government-approved effective medicines, decided to take matters in his own hands, tracking down alternative treatments from all over the world by means both legal and illegal. Bypassing the establishment, the entrepreneurial Woodroof joined forces with an unlikely band of renegades and outcasts – who he once would have shunned – and established a hugely successful “buyers’ club.” Their shared struggle for dignity and acceptance is a uniquely American story of the transformative power of resilience.
Dallas Buyers Club is set to reach the cinemas in the US on November 1st and here in the UK on 7th February. Here’s the trailer:
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 1 of 3 LEFT BEHIND DVD's Starring Nicholas Cage
- DMC is BEYOND MAGIC on National Geographic Channel
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- How Iconic Movies Would Look as Ottoman Miniatures
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- Movie Action Figures Repainted by Artist are Frighteningly Realistic
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- Trailer and Posters for The Players (Les Infidèles) Starring Jean Dujardin
- Sponsored Video: Dragon Age - Inquisition Trailer
- What to do if you meet one of Australia's Deadly Countdown Animals