Trailer for Dallas Buyers Club – Matthew McConaughey Sheds Pounds for Role
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On August 29, 2013
Shirt hating Matthew McConaughey stars in Dallas Buyers Club which is scheduled to show at Toronto International Film Festival next month. Based on a true story and directed by Jean-Marc Vallée’s (Café de Flore, The Young Victoria), McConaughey is joined by Jennifer Garner and Jared Leto.
Matthew McConaughey stars in ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ as real-life Texas cowboy Ron Woodroof, whose free-wheeling life was overturned in 1985 when he was diagnosed as HIV-positive and given 30 days to live. These were the early days of the AIDS epidemic, and the U.S. was divided over how to combat the virus. Ron, now shunned and ostracized by many of his old friends, and bereft of government-approved effective medicines, decided to take matters in his own hands, tracking down alternative treatments from all over the world by means both legal and illegal. Bypassing the establishment, the entrepreneurial Woodroof joined forces with an unlikely band of renegades and outcasts – who he once would have shunned – and established a hugely successful “buyers’ club.” Their shared struggle for dignity and acceptance is a uniquely American story of the transformative power of resilience.
Dallas Buyers Club is set to reach the cinemas in the US on November 1st and here in the UK on 7th February. Here’s the trailer:
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- WIN 3 Days To Kill on Blu-Ray
- WIN Grand Piano Starring Elijah Wood on DVD
- London Film Festival - Monsters: Dark Continent - Review
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- 49 Delicious Breakfast Recipes Released by Yakult
- Main Page
- Shop the Screen: Are PEAKY BLINDERS Style Flat Caps Back?
- Kyle Hilton's TV and Film Inspired Paper Dolls
- Sponsored: Green Works creates a Muddy Puppy Catwalk Flashmob
- WIN From Dusk Till Dawn Season 1 DVD Boxset!