Trailer for Dallas Buyers Club – Matthew McConaughey Sheds Pounds for Role
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On August 29, 2013
Shirt hating Matthew McConaughey stars in Dallas Buyers Club which is scheduled to show at Toronto International Film Festival next month. Based on a true story and directed by Jean-Marc Vallée’s (Café de Flore, The Young Victoria), McConaughey is joined by Jennifer Garner and Jared Leto.
Matthew McConaughey stars in ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ as real-life Texas cowboy Ron Woodroof, whose free-wheeling life was overturned in 1985 when he was diagnosed as HIV-positive and given 30 days to live. These were the early days of the AIDS epidemic, and the U.S. was divided over how to combat the virus. Ron, now shunned and ostracized by many of his old friends, and bereft of government-approved effective medicines, decided to take matters in his own hands, tracking down alternative treatments from all over the world by means both legal and illegal. Bypassing the establishment, the entrepreneurial Woodroof joined forces with an unlikely band of renegades and outcasts – who he once would have shunned – and established a hugely successful “buyers’ club.” Their shared struggle for dignity and acceptance is a uniquely American story of the transformative power of resilience.
Dallas Buyers Club is set to reach the cinemas in the US on November 1st and here in the UK on 7th February. Here’s the trailer:
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Main Page
- Feather and Paper-Light Lights - Heals SS14 Collection
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- Fitness First launches BEAT Concept Club and Training Style
- Post Christmas Detox - Top five Detox Friendly Drinks
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA