Christmas Gift Guide for the Gadget Guru
- Genevieve Sibayan
- On December 17, 2013
If you’re doing last minute shopping for a gadget lover, take heart, it can still be meaningful and personal. Take a look at our suggestions for last minute gift suggestions.
Bring your friends and family closer with Blue’s range of USB Microphones. It’s not always possible to have all your family and friends over for Christmas. Whether you’re hanging out on Google Hangouts or reaching out on Skype, a USB microphone can make your call crystal clear by enhancing sound and optimising recording quality.
We love Blue’s Tiki, £49.99, which plugs into your computer’s USB port like a dongle. The Tiki features noise-cancelling technology, voice isolation and intelligent mute, meaning you can focus on what they’re saying rather than background noise.
If your gadget giftee prefers to chat on a mobile device, Blue’s Mickey Digital, £99.99, plugs into an iPhone or iPad, is instantly recognised and was presumably named after one of Mickey Mouse’s ears. The Mikey Digital is compatible with the iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4S, iPad (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gen) and iPods.
Of you want to impress, or give them a gift they can use for podcasting or more professional recording, the Blue Nessie, £99.99, looks good and sounds good too. It can be used for all recording scenarios including podcasts, instruments and voiceovers and of course, calling the family. It plugs into your computer’s USB port and is easy to use whether tech savvy or not.
Is your giftee always stealing your usb plug to charge their gadgets? Give them a Power Tap to encourage them stop unplugging yours. The Power Tap charges any USB compatible device by simply turning the tap. It has a blue light when it’s on and a red light when it’s not. It’s simple…but looks awesome. £19.95 from prezzybox.com
If they’re an audiophile, giving the gift of BASS would most likely leave them beaming. Skullcandy Crushers have a bass adjuster and subwoofers in each ear so the listener can crank up the volume on their own personal bass-mobile. Perfect for drowning out the cheesy tunes on Christmas day. £89.99 from Skullcandy.
Sign up for our mailing list.
Top Posts & Pages
- 6 Tips to Spring clean your love life and WIN a We-Vibe Thrill!
- Main Page
- WIN Escape Plan starring Sly and Arnie on Blu-ray!
- Our Top 10 TV Detective Stories Abroad
- Sponsored Video: Kermit's advice on how to "be more tea" with Lipton
- David Hockney: A Bigger Picture - Review
- Sponsored Video: CNBC Premiere Money Talks Sneak Peek
- THE RAID 2 gets a cinema release date
- National Geographic - COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey's Impressive Trailer
- Jena Malone Offered Role of Johanna Mason in 'Catching Fire'
- Interview With Room 8 Director James Griffiths | Cult Hub on Bombay Sapphire Team with Tribecca Film Fest to Launch Imagination Film Competition
- The Best of Cult Hub 2012 | Cult Hub on London 2012 Olympic Medals Unveiled
- My Top 10 of 2013 | Reece's Pieces on The World’s End Review
- Jacob on Nick Knight Shoots Diesel Campaign Entirely on an iPhone
- I went to the STAR WARS VII open casting and this was my experience… | Cult Hub on World Finalists Announced for Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Auditions in LA